Journaling Code

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Thu Nov 25 15:36:45 EST 1999

I am involved with a new Open Source 3D Modeller project
and we are investigating various undo-redo mechanism's.

A member of the group suggested implementing a scripting
layer between the modeller and the GUI, and journalling all
user invoked scripts in order to be able to rebuild the model
from a saved state by simply replaying the journaled code.

I am wondering if anyone has used Python for anything similar,
and if so if they would be willing to share their knowledge.

Cheers

Norman Vine

archives  http://www.topica.com/lists/3dmodeller
URL ; http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker/modellers