WinNT and python as text filter...

Tim Ottinger tottinge at concentric.net
Tue Nov 30 13:59:41 EST 1999

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:31:51 GMT, "Mark Hammond"
<mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>How are you executing the code?  Are you just typing:
>
>c:\>myscript.py > out
>
>If so, there is a bug in the NT command prompt - you need to specify the
>full path to Python.exe on the command line, and it will work...

This works:
	c:\> myscript.py
and produces the output I want. This, however:
        c:\> myscript.py > somefile.txt
produces an empty text file.

I have somewhat better luck with:
        c:\> python myscript.py > somefile.txt

I want this to work from within vim, so it's pretty important that I
have pipeable output. Of course, better yet would be getting the
python stuff compiled into my vim....

tim