.html -> .ps ?

Andreas Jung ajung at sz-sb.de
Thu Nov 11 10:38:38 EST 1999

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 08:05:06AM -0500, William Park wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to convert HTML file to Postscript, so that I can send fax it.
>
> 1.  Does anyone have experience with 'html2ps', 'html2tex', and
>     'html2latex' programs?  Or, is there any other program that will do
>     the conversion in Python or otherwise?
>
> 2.  Is there a command-line options to tell Netscape to print to a file?
>     This would be ideal, since one can already do this manually with
>     mouse.

Take a look at w3m (http://ei5nazha.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/~aito/w3m/eng/ ).
w3m is a textmode browser like lynx however w3m is able to render tables.
With the -dump option of w3m you can dump the ascii outpout to stdout -
so you're able to convert html to ascii and then to postscript. There
is also a html2ps converter (in Perl written) available however
the latest version is outdated and has never readched a stable state.

Cheers,
Andreas