Beginning programming with Python

Alexander Williams thantos at chancel.org
Tue Nov 16 18:05:13 EST 1999

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:34:57 +0100, Nemeth Miklos <nemeth at iqsoft.hu>
wrote:

>engineer. I like Python but I'd like to be convinced that Python is not only
>for scientific programming, but also for business programming. I'd like to know
>the general opinion of the "official" Python community on this (I think)

The proof is in the pudding, as it were; there are several /very/
large programming projects in the business community (including my
own) which are Python Powered; I've certainly found maintainance
/easier/ in Python than in strongly-typed languages; a type-error will
typically be found in testing (which is far easier to do bit by bit as
you go with the interpreter than the usual compile-run-edit cycle)
rather than when the program is deployed.

--
Alexander Williams (thantos at gw.total-web.net)
"In the end ... Oblivion Always Wins."