Using GNU C complier as the "default" windows complier

Mike Callahan mcalla at home.com
Tue Nov 9 20:49:06 EST 1999

This a question from a newbie but I was thinking...why doesn't the default
Python code for windows use the GNU C complier for windows instead of the MS
complier. Would it be possible to distribute the GNU package along with the
Python package and thus make it easier to compile, extend, and embed Python,
use freeze, etc? I know it would take some work, but it seems it would make
windows Python a lot more like unix Python. Just a thought...