Python complaints

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Thu Nov 25 04:29:18 EST 1999

Tim Peters (tim_one at email.msn.com) wrote:
: There is one (& only one) area where Python's indentation gets in my way a
: bit:  conceptual blocks that can't be written as blocks.  These typically

Right. Another example occurs in OpenGL, eg.

glBegin(GL_POLYGON)
   glVertex2f(-0.5, -0.5)
   glVertex2f(-0.5, 0.5)
   glVertex2f(0.5, 0.5)
   glVertex2f(0.5, -0.5)
glEnd()

This makes the code more readable, but it's not allowed in Python. I've
got used to the indentation rule in Python, and I'm not annoyed by it that
much anymore, but I still think it is a major mistake.

Cheers,

Thomas Hamelryck//Free University Brussels (VUB)
Intitute for Molecular Biology// ULTR Department
Paardestraat 65//1640 Sint-Gensius-Rode//Belgium