Python and generating images for web

Alexander Stepanov a_stepanov at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 22:52:37 EST 1999

Hello,

I am a newcomer to web programming and python.  I need to create a small
web application
to make some charts based on user's data input.

Is it possible to generate gif or png images on a fly using Python?

I will appreciate if you point me out accessible chart/plot  modules and
libraries as well as documentation and
working sites.    Any additional information is strongly welcome.

(I am in a process of comparison Perl and Python to solve this problem.
I plan to use the application
under WindowsNT4.0 environment + Perl? or Python interp-r).

Sincerely,  Alexander
email: a_stepanov at yahoo.com