Binary vs non-binary

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at pobox.com
Sat Nov 27 04:35:04 EST 1999

Hello,

can someone explain me the difference in opening a file in binary mode
and opening it not in binary mode? And when is some file defined to be
binary, when it contains an ASCII 0? If so, I understand you need to say
it's binary in C, but if Python doesn't store it strings with an ASCII 0
on the end, why is there any difference?

regards,
Gerrit.

--
"The world is beating a path to our door"

  -- Bruce Perens, (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)
 10:33am  up 17 min,  9 users,  load average: 1.81, 1.47, 0.79