ASCII delimited files

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Thu Nov 11 16:05:02 EST 1999

"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" wrote:

> D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at vex.net> wrote:
> > I couldn't find this on the Python or Starship sites but you can get it
> > from http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=448769706.  One small problem with
> > it is that it doesn't handle commas within quoted strings properly.  I
> > am going to look at this today for another project and I will post it
> > here when I have something.
>
> And here it is.  Note that Christian Tismer wrote the original (at least
> he posted it) but didn't leave his name in the script itself.  I didn't
> want to add it in since he may have had his reasons but I wanted to
> acknowledge that he wrote it.

Thanks for mentioning. FWIW, my name is of course in it
(and is still), maybe not too obvious :-)
Whem I'm posting code without any authors mentioned, then I'm always
the author. I used to forget to name myself, but never other's work.

> #! /usr/bin/env python
> # delimited.py
> # Modified from the original by D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>
> #
> # CT990226 V0.1

This says Christian Tismer wrote this crap on February 26, 1999.
Ahem, well I have to change these to be Y2K compliant! :-)

ciao - CT

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net