NT DLL modules and C++

Patrick J. Moran pmoran at nas.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 2 17:35:34 EST 1999

Hello,

I am using Python as a wrapper around several C++ libraries that
our group has developed.  My approach is to make dynamically linked
modules and then import them.  The libraries contain classes with
static data members that need to be initialized when the module is
loaded.  On SGI's, if I build Python with "LDSHARED=CC -n32 -shared -all",
then Python knows to call the C++ initialization routine when my module
is loaded.  How do I get Python to call the initialization under NT?

Thanks.

Pat

# Patrick J. Moran                     http://www.nas.nasa.gov/~pmoran
# Veridian/MRJ Technology Solutions          NASA Ames Research Center