Python, COM and Excel

charliehubbard76 at yahoo.com charliehubbard76 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 15:57:41 EST 1999

Hello,

I'm trying to write a python script to take an excel
workbook and turn it into html pages.  I'm trying to
automate this process, but I can't seem to get the
bounds of the selection through com.  I can get the
contents of a selection with

app = Dispatch(Excel.Application)
app.Selection()

But this just gives me the data contained with the cells.
I want to be able to check fonts, bold, and format
information of each cell to get it as close to the excel
formatting as possible.  In order to do this I need to
either get the bounds of the selection, or retrieve all
the cells references' being used.  Preferrably a bounding
selection of all the cells being used.  For example,
"A3:AN32" or "1,3,36,32".  Any ideas?

thanks
charlie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/