__str__ vs. __repr__

William Tanksley wtanksle at hawking.armored.net
Mon Nov 15 17:43:38 EST 1999

On 15 Nov 1999 20:48:39 GMT, Tres Seaver wrote:
>Michael Hudson  <mwh21 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>philh at vision25.demon.co.uk (Phil Hunt) writes:

>>It's one of those things I might get round to writing one of these
>>days. I don't really know how hard it would be. Not especially, I
>>suspect.

>Besides, you need to defer it until _after_ this year's Pythonic award,
>for which you are already in pole position for inventing bytecodehacks :).

You might note that Tim is rather proud of being the only living recipient
of the Pythonic award (for some definition of 'life').  I understand he
might take action to keep that distinction if someone else were to win the
award.

If you get what I mean.

>Tres.

watching-my-back-and-underachieving-ly y'rs,
--
-William "Billy" Tanksley
  <1.0 wink>