Python in DOS / PYTHONHOME

Hans Nowak ivnowa at hvision.nl
Mon Nov 22 16:23:07 EST 1999

On 22 Nov 99, Curtis, Craig M. wrote:

> Commenting out those dreaded printfs certainly does work :-)
>
> I guess I do not understand what PYTHONHOME should be set to.  I tried
> setting it to the python-1.5.2 root and also to the lib under it, but
> neither of these work.

I don't understand PYTHONHOME either. ;-)  That is, I never tried to
use it.

Running 'python -?' yields:

[...]
PYTHONHOME   : alternate <prefix> directory (or
<prefix>;<exec_prefix>). The default module search path uses
<prefix>/python1.5.

Maybe this makes more sense in a Unix environment? I can imagine Unix
directories called usr/lib/python1.5 or something, but in DOS, this
is quite uncommon.

Does anyone use this under DOS?

--Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at hvision.nl)
Homepage: http://fly.to/zephyrfalcon
You call me a masterless man. You are wrong. I am my own master.