XPython (X11)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 30 01:53:29 EST 1999

Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu> wrote:
> On 26 Nov 1999 20:54:47 GMT, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at rempt.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu> wrote:
>>> On Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:30:56 +0100, Emmanuel Pietriga <emmanuel.pietriga at xrce.xerox.com> wrote:

>>> If I want to program a GUI I look in to wxPython.
>>> Or pyGtk or pyFOX or pyFLTK, but XPython... :)

>>Hey! Don't forget PyQt and PyKDE (and PyQt seems to be
>>working under Windows, too, nowadays)...
> Do you have to but the Troll Kit first? >:)

Sorry, I'm a bit late - I've only just now recovered from
reading the interview with Guido in Linux Journal where he
says he thinks PyKDE/PyQt is no longer developed. Yes, to
compile the stuff for Windows you need Qt for Windows. Of
course, you also need a compiler, and those seem to cost
money, too.

> And I didn't mention pyGNOME, why should I mention to PyKDE?

Because the two go together - you did mention PyGTK.

> To create an application tied to KDE or GNOME is a mistake in my
> eyes anyway. <wink>

Oh, yes, people will agree with you. I've one regular correspondent
who berates me continually for not writing my apps to run inside
a browser. I don't really care, though - sometimes I need an
application that's integrated with the rest of my work environment,
and sometimes I can do with something standalone.

> people-will-love-it-any-way-ly, yours

They do, they do, too... ;-).

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://denden.conlang.org