making the Python case to my dept.

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Sat Nov 6 13:23:54 EST 1999

Hi All--

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> First of all, I want to second Patrick's suggestion that this be FAQ'd.
> I have one nit, though:
>
> In article <3823FC43.CF7FBD71 at python.net>,
> Thomas A. Bryan <tbryan at python.net> wrote:
> >
> >Still, few people are knocking down my door for Python programmers
> >while there are plenty of jobs for C++/Java/Delphi programmers.
>
> I believe that there are more jobs for good Python programmers than
> people with the skills to fill them.  My company is certainly having
> difficulties (jobs in Mountain View! ask me!), and having HP Cupertino
> advertising for 10-12 Python positions only increases the difficulty.
>
> I think we've come to the knee in the curve where Python has achieved
> critical mass and will get a lot of popular attention over the next
> couple of years.  Few of us need worry about job security.
> -

I really hope that Aahz is correct.  As most of you know, I'm stuck out
here in Utah, which is widely known to be significantly behind *any*
curve you want to name.

If there's a curve coming to Utah, I sure hope it will be one with jobs
for Pythonistas, because there certainly aren't *any* here now.

<knee?-we-haven't-even-seen-the-toe!>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70