Running apps with Zope 2?

Peter K. kanzow at gmd.de
Fri Nov 26 07:30:50 EST 1999

Hello,

I have written some web applications using the old Zope/Bobo version. I published
them using ZopeHTTPServer, like this:

File m.py:

class Application:
    "Application"
    def hello(self):
        "Hello"
        return "Hello World from my Zope Object"

app=Appl()

After starting ZopeHTTPServer (on hostname.domain.de) with
ZopeHTTPServer -p 1234 m.py
I can access the Application object from the web:
requesting  http://hostname.domain.de:1234/app/hello
gets "Hello World from my Zope Object".

This is what I want! But what must I do to achieve this in Zope 2? I installed it
recently and can't find it in the documentation. How can I publish my old
applications with the new Zope? Where do I have to put m.py? What do I have to do
in the management screen? Which URL will get me the "Hello World..." message? Do I
have to install m.py as a Product? How?

Thank you very much

Peter Kanzow, Germany