Fastest GUI toolkit?

Guido van Rossum guido at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue Nov 9 14:26:34 EST 1999

nascheme at enme.ucalgary.ca (Neil Schemenauer) writes:

> I assume you are using the canvas to draw.  I think it is much
> faster to use Canvas.coords to move the lines then to redraw
> them.  If this approch works for your application it may be worth
> a try.

This may not save Gordon's app, but I once successfully saved a
canvas-using Tkinter app by bypassing most of the Tkinter Python code,
and calling Tk directly using <widget>.tk.call(...).  It takes a bit
of effort to generate the right Tcl syntax, but it can speed line
drawing up by an order of magnitude...