Beginning programming with Python

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at pobox.com
Fri Nov 19 07:53:59 EST 1999

Nemeth Miklos wrote:
> Janos Blazi wrote:
>
> I am neither a physicist nor a mathematician, I am a simple business software
> engineer. I like Python but I'd like to be convinced that Python is not only
> for scientific programming, but also for business programming. I'd like
> to know the general opinion of the "official" Python community on this

I won't claim to be the official python community, but there are many
business things done in Python. Electronic Arts is using Python for their
games. RedHat uses python for Linux installation. On the python site are many
more commercial projects done in Python.

--
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amterdam