COMobject problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Tue Nov 30 13:06:42 EST 1999

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:51:54 GMT, volumeregeling <volumeregeling at hotmail.com> wrote:
>i have a problem regarding COM objects, i invoke the object through
>the following statement :
>
>Editor= win32com.client.Dispatch("Comeditor.Classeditor")
>
>Now i have the problem that when i close the main program , the
>COMobject will still be alive, i want to close all the comobjects
>opened from within python to be closed when the main program closes.
>
>I have no idea on how to do that, maybe you do , then i will be very
>gratefull.

You could delete the Editor variable and hope that it cleans itself up.
Usually there is a special method to be called to close the application.

If you are using the win32com extensions, you can try to browse the COM library
(applying the COM makepy.py script on the type library helps for that).

Like with SPSS here there is a Quit() method in the main application object.

So Editor.Quit() with Quit replacing the Method your are looking for, should
work.

Just my 0.02 Euro.
	Bernhard
--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.  (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net)