trouble with python 1.5.2 install on win98

Kevin Cazabon kcazabon at home.com
Wed Nov 24 02:27:39 EST 1999

I've been using PythonWin myself, and I'm not sure if IDLE uses Tkinter or
not... but, if it uses Tkinter and Tcl/Tk, you might just have to add the
Tcl/bin directory to your autoexec.bat file.  (just guessing...)

On another note:  Why the HECK doesn't the Python/Tcl installer add that
directory to the PATH by itself???

It's a bit of a pain to explain to people who want to install my software,
so I've written some setup scripts that do it all, however you then need a
reboot (if adding to the autoexec).

On the other hand, can't Tkinter query the registry to find the Tcl/bin
directory and then add it to os.environ["PATH"]  ???

Just my daily rant... q:]

Kevin.

news:81elc8$8i2$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...