What are Aspects? (Re: How can I make my assertions smarter?)

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at compaq.com
Mon Nov 8 07:33:46 EST 1999

Aahz Maruch wrote:

> Sounds like templates to me, or Python's "mix-in" classes.  Am I missing
> something?

It seems like you can apply these things after the fact to
already-written classes. To do the same with templates or
mixins you would have to modify the existing code.

It's an interesting idea, but something about code which
can reach out and affect the behaviour of widely scattered
parts of the program, in ways the authors of those parts
didn't anticipate, makes me uneasy. Smacks of the legendary
come-from statement, somehow...

Greg