Pythonwin Reset

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
Mon Nov 29 13:42:27 EST 1999

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 17:08:40 GMT, Gordon Williams <g_will at cyberus.ca> wrote:

>It now works in that it eliminates all the names, but it doesnt quite fix
>my problem.  When I make a GUI with wxPython (using Pythonwin IDE) and I
>get an exception, the next time I try and run the program after fixing the
>mistake, I get another exception saying One wxApps process only!  Something
>was left behind.  The only way I have found to clear the problem was to
>close Pythonwin and then restart it and reload the file.

There is no fix AFAIK, but you can debug your little program in a
different way.

Add another method to the windows exploder, something like
debug and add the option -i before the "%1" where python is called.
Then you can rightclick on the python file and select debugging.
You will see the error messages when the programs runs in
the DOS window.

(Close it with Control-Z)

Should be a FAQ somewhere.
	Bernhard
--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.  (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net)