Call a function in DLL with string arguments?

Juping Jin juping+ at pitt.edu
Wed Nov 10 09:24:18 EST 1999

I wrote a DLL and want its functions being available from python. Its function
accept string arguments. From python, I use windll to load the module like:

	handle = windll.module("dllname")
	handle.fcnname(arguments)

Python gives following msg:

TypeError: illegal argument type for built-in operation

So I did some tests, wrote a small dll and found out that if the function
accept only numerical values (actually, only integer value produces expected
results), then python won't give above errors. For char or char * argument,
it always gave above msg. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for your reading.

Juping