Image buttons with Tkinter

Thomas Lane tlane at parlant.com
Tue Nov 9 10:50:47 EST 1999

Thanks for the help Fredrik.
I am new to Python, so this particular effect of scoping was not
apparent to me at first.
Since I was doing this inside a method I changed my code to look like:

# Put remove.gif on a button (actionbar is a frame for various controls)
self.image_delete = PhotoImage(file="remove.gif")
deletebutton = Button(actionbar,image=image_delete)
deletebutton.place(x=0)

That solved the problem.
--
Thomas Lane