filter function question - list processing in Python

lobozc at my-deja.com lobozc at my-deja.com
Thu Nov 25 16:04:20 EST 1999

> all-functional-programmers-are-rabid-ly y'rs
And where's the smile at the end of that sentence? :-)

> But, I suspect, those who regularly use filter and reduce are
> vastly outnumbered by those who aren't sure what they do. So
yeah, only now I noticed that examples of their use are conspicuous by
their absence...

... and I don't have time to write the package right now, either. Nor
enough python skills.

In article <1268631776-5935125 at hypernet.com>,
  gmcm at hypernet.com wrote:
> lobozc at my-deja.com writes:
>
> > 2. I suspect that the second part of my posting may be a valid
> > postulate then. Since list processing is so useful Python should
> > consider adding a good set of primitives to the core library -
> > not as an external package.
>
> A good set of primitives with intuitive interfaces and obvious
> names that raises lots of excitement would probably be
> warmly welcomed.
>
> But, I suspect, those who regularly use filter and reduce are
> vastly outnumbered by those who aren't sure what they do. So
> rabid enthusiasm may be hard to come by.
>
> all-functional-programmers-are-rabid-ly y'rs
>
> - Gordon

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.