Python complaints

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu Nov 25 22:21:54 EST 1999

Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

[if foo: bar() is ugly]
> [Martijn Faassen]
>> Agreed. The Zope sources are full of the former and that idiom
>> doesn't help me read them particularly.
>>
>> Perhaps 1.6 could introduce this requirement, and some scripts to
>> convert existing code. The only use I can see for the former is to
>> write nice obfuscated one liners. :)

> There are a few things in the language primarily for convenience in
> interactive mode.  This is one of them.

Aah, I see. Hm. Should be some way to allow something like this in
interactive mode and not in source text. Probably a tricky problem, however.

> Being Dutch, Guido grossly
> overestimated the common sense of his American audience <wink>.

Ah, I wonder if that's what I've been doing too! :) Anyway, I have accesa
to the Zope sources; perhaps they'll accept my patches.

not-that-I-have-any-audience-ly yours,

Martijn