XpmImagePlugin.py in PIL

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Tue Nov 16 16:28:01 EST 1999

Hi All--
I've been trying to fix the XpmImageFile class in XpmImagePlugin.py.
I've got the colors working correctly (but not the color names, yet),
but I do not understand what this line does:

		self.tile = [("raw", (0, 0)+self.size, self.fp.tell(), ("P", 0, 1))]

And why the load_read() method is never called.  Load_read() seems (from
reading it) to have the correct way of reading the data for the image
in, but it's not called.  The self.tile line, on the other hand, seems
to be arguments for some function that sucks up the whole file as one
big hunk.  The skewed image I'm seeing is consistent with that
behaviour.

Any hints?  Where should I RTFM?

<if-there-are-one-i'd-LOVE-to-read-it!>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
ivanlan at home.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours