WinNT and python as text filter...

Tim Ottinger tottinge at concentric.net
Tue Nov 30 08:21:12 EST 1999

I'm working in WinNT with VIM (good tool) and wanted to write some
handy filters in python to help me with routine editing chores.

I run my python command at the command line and get the output I want
printed nicely on my screen. However, if I pipe it to a file the file
comes out empty, if I pipe it to more I get nothing at all.

Does python know it's in a pipe and act differently? Does 'print' not
work right in NT? What's up?

My python is:

  PythonWin 1.5.2 (#0, Apr 13 1999, 10:51:12) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
  Portions Copyright 1994-1999 Mark Hammond
Tim