Stackless python progress?

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Tue Nov 9 09:12:40 EST 1999

wware-nospam at world.std.com (Will Ware) writes:

> Brian Haskin (haskin at ptway.com) wrote:
> > also has there been any work on combining
> > 'microthreading' and the stackless stuff?
>
> I was the one doing the microthread stuff. I've been too busy to
> play with it recently. Implementing microthreads in terms of
> Stackless Python is the Right Thing To Do(tm) from an engineering
> standpoint, but I haven't had time to devote to it lately.

How about freezing interpretations? This would be very interesting for
mobile agent systems... (I have already suggested this for JPython).
You could stop a thread of execution, pickle it, and send it to
another location, and then resume it...

--

  Magnus          Echelon jamming noise:
  Lie             FBI CIA NSA Handgun Assault Bomb Drug Terrorism