win32api... another question: GetEnvironmentVariable("PATH")

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Nov 15 17:25:50 EST 1999

Kevin Cazabon wrote in message ...
>Interesting... it doesn't work on Win98 for me (The exact statement
>below...).

Eeek - you are correct - it doesnt :-(

win32api implements this using "GetEnvironmentVariableW()", and returns a
Unicode string.  This doesnt work on 95/98.  I dont know what I was thinking
:-(

I think I should drop this back to an Ascii version, and return a normal
PyString object.  That shouldnt break any code as Unicode objects are pretty
useless now and need to be "str()"d to be useful.

Damn...

Mark.