A Modest Proposal -- <wink>

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Mon Nov 8 13:57:11 EST 1999

[Martijn Faassen, on Mon, 08 Nov 1999]:

:: To adopt the <wink> tag some minor changes to XML need to be made. The
:: <wink> tag affects any _previous_ (not containing) markup. I am
:: proposing a system called XWTSNTSDL (XML Wink Tag Schedule Namespace
:: Transformation Semantic Disruption Language) to deal with this. XWTSNTSDL
:: depends on the two other proposals I sent to you previously: XGNBAML and
:: XACL (XML Grand Name But Actually MeaningLess and XML Acronym Complexification
:: Language).

This is bold! I admit I hadn't dared to consider this approach. In one
mighty stroke, it is preservative of the whole Grand Archive of Timbot
Postings (which, as prior art and international intellectual treasure,
certainly deserve any effort necessary).

how-do-you-say-"And-the-tail-shall-wag-the-dog"-in-Dutch?-ly y'rs
-patrick