CFP Developers' Day - 8th International Python Conference

Barry Warsaw bwarsaw at python.org
Tue Nov 30 15:23:40 EST 1999

Hello Python Developers!

Thursday January 27 2000, the final day of the 8th International
Python Conference is Developers' Day, where Python hackers get
together to discuss and reach agreements on the outstanding issues
facing Python.  This is also your once-a-year chance for face-to-face
interactions with Python's creator Guido van Rossum and other
experienced Python developers.

To make Developers' Day a success, we need you!  We're looking for a
few good champions to lead topic sessions.  As a champion, you will
choose a topic that fires you up and write a short position paper for
publication on the web prior to the conference.  You'll also prepare
introductory material for the topic overview session, and lead a 90
minute topic breakout group.

We've had great champions and topics in previous years, and many
features of today's Python had their start at past Developers' Days.
This is your chance to help shape the future of Python for 1.6,
2.0 and beyond.

If you are interested in becoming a topic champion, you must email me
by Wednesday December 15, 1999.  For more information, please visit
the IPC8 Developers' Day web page at

    <http://www.python.org/workshops/2000-01/devday.html>

This page has more detail on schedule, suggested topics, important
dates, etc.  To volunteer as a champion, or to ask other questions,
you can email me at bwarsaw at python.org.

-Barry