newbie intro recs?

Endgamer endgamer71 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 05:08:20 EST 1999

On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 00:32:25 GMT, Ben Wolfson <rumjuggler at home.com>
wrote:

>Can someone recommend a good introduction to Python, for a very novice
>programmer?  (the only background I have is c++ from ap comp sci at high
>school, and what I've gleaned from the C++ Programming Language, so I
>can't pick things up as easily as I'd like).
>
>Thanks!
>
>--
>Barnabas T. Rumjuggler
>
>Graybags: "Irony = metally" (U.S. dictionary)
>Me: And here I thought it was the practice of removing wrinkles from
>clothes.
>Graybags: Removing wrinklies from clothes is euthanasia.
> -- in alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe

If your going to pay for anything (dead-tree-wise), you could do a lot
worse than Mark Lutz's "Programming Python" - I've used it in
combination with some of the text files online, and I'm doing fine so
far, despite not even having the C++ experience you've got! Its
published by O'Reilley (which for me at least makes it gospel <g>) and
you can get it on amazon.com...

Endgamer
Spider Warrior

(Endgamer71 at spamtrap.hotmail.com)
Not a quote, just an on-the-spot observation:
You know you're a geek when your PC costs exactly
15 times as much as your stereo. And gives better
sound quality.<sigh>
                              Endgamer