Installing NumPy in a non-standard place...

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Fri Nov 26 11:43:36 EST 1999

Installing Python is a dream - but NumPy seems to be a bit stubborn...
How can I tell it where I want to install it? I have copied
Makefile.pre.in from my python installation, but still it wants to
install it in a standard location (that I don't have access to,
because I don't have root access on the machine)... Should I just copy
all the files manually? Am I missing something? (Couldn't see anything
in the installation instructions...)

--

  Magnus          Echelon jamming noise:
  Lie             FBI CIA NSA Handgun Assault Bomb Drug Terrorism