Tkinter and Solaris 7 Sparc [Q]

exeq at my-deja.com exeq at my-deja.com
Thu Nov 4 08:04:29 EST 1999

In article <3820F405.4A1C8767 at python.net>,
  "Thomas A. Bryan" <tbryan at python.net> wrote:
> exeq at my-deja.com wrote:
> > I am trying to compile Python 1.5.2 with tkinter on Solaris 7
(Sparc).

> A word of encouragement: I have successfully built Python 1.5.2 on
> Solaris 7.
> I can't remember whether I used gcc or Sun's compiler.
>
> > have installed TCL/TK 8.0.5, GCC 2.8.1 / Sun Workshop 5 (I tryied
with
> > both compilers).
> >
> > I just get an error saying that libX11.so.6.1 is needed. Is there a
way
> > to build tkinter without X11? Or I just need to download and install
> > X11?
>
> First, I ask the "obvious" question.  Did you edit the Modules/Setup
> file
> (or, better, did you make a Setup.local file)?  If so, did you make
sure
> to use the entries in the Tkinter portion that are specific to
Solaris?

> (from Setup)
>
> # *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your X11 header files are:
> #-I/usr/X11R6/include \
> # *** Or uncomment this for Solaris:
>        -I/usr/openwin/include \
> # *** Uncomment and edit to reflect where your X11 libraries are:
> #-L/usr/X11R6/lib \
> # *** Or uncomment this for Solaris:
>        -L/usr/openwin/lib \
>
> If you already did that correctly, is libX11 in that directory?  That
is
> use 'ls' and 'find' to look for the library.  Is it there?
>
> ---Tom

Hi

Yes, I did that, but my error was that I used Tcl8.0.5 and tk from the
Metalab repository (binaries pre-compiled). And it was compiled against
X11R6 libs. So I downloaded the sources and compiled myself. Everything
worked fine.

I tryied also to used Tcl/tk 8.2 and it didn't work. The error stated
that: -ltcl8.2  -ltk8.2 : not found. However the libtcl8.2.so and
libtk8.2.so where in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and in PATH ... :(

Anyway, I am using tcl8.0.5 and it works.

Thanks to all that replied.

/B

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.