Just a note

aaron_watters at my-deja.com aaron_watters at my-deja.com
Wed Nov 10 22:56:56 EST 1999

In article <LhzV3.9524$Xd2.519654 at typhoon.nyroc.rr.com>,
  "Darrell" <news at dorb.com> wrote:
> I believe Aaron was just throwing out ideas since you requirements are
> vague. In most cases C++ solution will be faster than pure Python.
Sounds
> like you want a disk based dictionary. I'd be curious how much C++
will buy
> you in this case. Disk I/O will eat into your gains.

Actually I wasn't just throwing out ideas.  In the case of bplustree.py
the overhead of disk IO should dominate the computation, so it might
be a pretty good solution.  Could be wrong tho.

bplustree is a classical b+tree implementation, more or less, and
it may be within a small constant factor of a C++ implementation, or
it might not.  In theory it could be.  Please try it out and correct
me.
   -- Aaron Watters http://www.chordate.com

===
A PhD in Theory, is a PhD, in theory.  -- folklore

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.