Pthreads

Brian Kennison bkenniso at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 30 08:35:00 EST 1999

I tried this but with the same results. Obviously it doesn't like the
file it's in (parse error) but I don't know enough as to what it's
complaining about.

Thanks for you help though,

Brian

Jonathan Giddy (jon at rdt.monash.edu.au) wrote:
: bkenniso at worldnet.att.net (Brian Kennison) writes:

: >I'm having trouble compiling Python 1.5.2. with the FSU pthread
: >library. I working on MachTen and get the following error:

: >gcc -g -O2 -I./../Include -I.. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -c thread.c -o thread.o
: >In file included from thread.c:150:
: >thread_pthread.h:113: parse error before `pthread_cond_t'
: >thread_pthread.h:113: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
: >thread_pthread.h:114: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
: >thread_pthread.h:115: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
: >thread_pthread.h: In function `PyThread_start_new_thread':

: I'm not sure this is the same problem, but I've seen similar messages under
: different circumstances (freezing with extension modules on Solaris).

: The problem in that case was that the file Include/thread.h in the Python
: source clashed with the system thread.h file.  Try deleting Include/thread.h
: and recompiling.  (In 1.5.2, thread.h is unused by Python, although it may
: be used by some extensions).

: Jon.