Plotting a single pixel (possible newbie question)

Simon Evans simon at george.maths.unsw.edu.au
Tue Nov 30 20:07:49 EST 1999

   I'm relatively new to Python, which I use for several
 small numerically-oriented projects that are refreshingly
 different from my workday giant Fortran simulations.

   I've installed and used both Tkinter and DISLIN (a
 scientific graphing extension), but what I'm really missing
 is the ability to do the simplest graphics task of all:
 lighting up a single pixel. You'd think it wouldn't
 be too much to ask...

   Does anyone know of a graphics extension that offers this
 simple facility, or a method of doing it in the ones I have?
 I'd like to do it by some other method than drawing a line
 with a length of one pixel!

Simon Evans (simon at maths.unsw.edu.au)
Physical Oceanography Group
School of Mathematics, University of New South Wales, Australia.