Tkinter and Solaris 7 Sparc [Q]

exeq at my-deja.com exeq at my-deja.com
Wed Nov 3 22:18:30 EST 1999

In article
<Pine.SO4.4.02.9911031716390.17271-100000 at bulldog5.d.umn.edu>,
  Aaron J Reichow <reic0024 at bulldog5.d.umn.edu> wrote:

> > I just get an error saying that libX11.so.6.1 is needed. Is there a
way
> > to build tkinter without X11? Or I just need to download and install
> > X11?
>
> Don't you already have X11 installed, with Solaris (that would be that
> which drives CDE/Solaris Desktop/OpenView)?  And if the answer is no,
and
> you're running simply from the console, why would you need Tkinter,
> which provides a graphical interface?
>
> Aaron

Hi Aaron.

I have installed the entire Solaris distribution, including CDE,
Openwindows et al. :-) But it isn't X11 6.1 as the tk lib needs.
I am getting the following error message:

          ../libpython1.5.a -L/usr/local/lib -ltk8.0 -ltcl8.0
-L/usr/openwin/li
ld: warning: file libX11.so.6.1: required by /usr/local/lib/libtk8.0.so,
not fod
Py_Main                             python.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to python
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `link'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/Python-1.5.2/Modules
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `python'

Thanks for your answer.

/B

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.