Defining VCL-like framework for Python

Alexander Staubo nospam-alex at mop.no
Fri May 21 12:42:12 EDT 1999

In article <006001bea28f$183dd100$f29b12c2 at pythonware.com>,
fredrik at pythonware.com says...
> Alexander Staubo <nospam at mop.no> wrote:
> > Different strokes for different folks, I guess. A big beef with Tkinter
> > is that it requires 1.4MB worth of runtime DLLs to be bundled with any
> > application.
>
> or in other words, 0.015% of the disk space
> on a typical PC these days...

But a couple of minutes of transfer time for an average modem user.

Plus, having several files to think about is always a minus: it rules out
doing a simple freeze and distribute a single exe, if need be.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"Give me an underground laboratory, half a dozen atom smashers and a beautiful