another Python convert

Nick Belshaw nickb at earth.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 12 12:56:06 EDT 1999

Ilja Heitlager wrote:

> Alex Rice wrote in message <37399D97.C93E4DB0 at swcp.com>...
> >Gotta love that feeling when you are writing something in Python -- and
> >it works the first time through, *and* you feel like: "Hey this is kind
> >of elegant". I get that feeling rarely, if ever with Java, Perl or
> ><nurgh> C++.
> >
> >Thanks Guido, et al.
> hear, hear
>
> Ilja

yes indeed -

I was just perusing the comp.perl.lang.misc list for amusement   -   but it
wasn't !!!

- just really painful to see what those guys are playing with. Real heros -
we have it too easy over here.

Seeing the high rate of postings on that group is initially a shock, but
then you see the problems they are trying to deal with and you want to say
- hey, its much easier over here, do it this way.

By the way, they seem to keep the posting rate high by Tom Christian having
an auto-poster or two running at least every hour delivering FAQs and stuff
- is that naughty or clever? - I can't decide...

thank heavens I found Python -

well done all -

Cheers
Nick/Oxford