PythonWin wish list

cmedcoff at my-deja.com cmedcoff at my-deja.com
Mon May 31 18:04:44 EDT 1999

One of the nice things about python is the free development environment
PythonWin.  I certainly don't get my other development environments for
free.

Having used PyhonWin a couple of weeks now I have a couple of comments
in the form of a wish list.  Comments are welcome.

1)It would be really nice of the interactive window was dockable.  I
find myself constanly searching for that window.  I like to have my
edit windows maximized. An example of this in another application would
be Microsoft Visual Studio's output window where once can see error
messages from compiles.  It is never covered up even if my edit
buffers/windows are maximized and I can hide it if I want even more
space.

2)PythonWin conforms to the Windows MDI interface except for the
floating window that comes up during debugging.  It would be nice if
that window could be incorported into the MDI environment.  This would
be another candidate for a dockable window.

3)One other thing that would make the PyhonWin environment even nicer
is hot-keys or accelerators.  Its always nice to have the mouse when
you are learning an application but hot-keys are always faster once
you've got them memorized.  Good candidates here are keys for stepping
in, out, over during debugging and access to the interactive window.

Regards,
Chuck

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/