[tkinter] Canvas item's <Any-Enter> & <Any-Leave> don't get called! ???

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon May 24 11:30:11 EDT 1999

mlauer at amalia-atm.rz.uni-frankfurt.de wrote:
> my environment is Python1.5.2 / Tcl8 / WinNT4
>
> the sample program canvas-moving-or-creating-items.py doesn't
> completely work for me. The <Any-Enter> and <Any-Leave>
> callbacks for the canvas items are _not_ called.
>
>  The rest of the program functions.
>
> How can this be ? Is anything blocking mouse-move events ?

fwiw, I cannot find an example with that name in 1.5.2
(nor in 1.5.1, for that matter).

there's an example named "canvas-moving-or-creating.py"
which seems to works just fine with a similar configuration...

on the other hand, old versions of this demo script (1.3?)
used "bind" instead of "tag_bind", which doesn't work.

maybe you just need to upgrade your demo directory?

</F>