Separating GUI and code

Markus Kohler markusk at bidra241.bbn.hp.com
Tue May 11 08:44:00 EDT 1999

Andrew Cooke <andrew at andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk> writes:

[ discussion about seperating GUI and code deleted]

> Sorry my question is rather vague.  No doubt after a first attempt I
> will know much better how to tackle this - but I'd like my first
> attempt to be as near the mark as possible.  Any advice/pointers to
> sample projects/code appreciated.

The answer to you problem is the MVC ( Model View Controller) pattern.
There's some stuff  about it in the "Design Patterns" book and every
beginners Smalltalk book talks about it because it has been used successfully
in  Smalltalk since decades. At www.squeak.org you should also find at least
one link about MVC.

Markus
Markus Kohler  mailto:markus_kohler at hp.com