Gettin regular Python and JPython to communicate interprocess

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Fri May 21 16:38:15 EDT 1999

Fredrik Nehr wrote:

> > duty data crunching. My question: How can I get JPython to communicate
> > with Python interprocess? Is there a COM module that will run in JPython?
> How about XMLRPC? For more info check out http://www.xmlrpc.com/ and
> http://www.pythonware.com/products/xmlrpc/.
>
> Good luck!
>
> > --- Sarino
> >

> /Fredrik (not Lundh)

I doubt a lot of luck will be needed.  XML-RPC won't be terribly speedy
in its Python-only implementation, but it should work.  We use it over
the Internet between a Python server (I added some C encoding/decoding
routines to Fredrik's xmlrpclib module) and Python, Perl and Java
clients.  The Java client is actually being called from WebObjects
(Objective-C).

--
Skip Montanaro	| Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music"
http://www.mojam.com/