Fnorb Problem

Monika Göhmann MGoehmann at t-online.de
Tue May 4 05:56:54 EDT 1999

"Max M. Stalnaker" schrieb:

> Good news.  I worked some more with Fnorb and was able to duplicate your error
> message, although in a context where I was not expecting the software to work.
> My success so far has been in being too lost to do it correctly.  There is a
> fnidl., a fnidl.bat, and a fnidl.py.  I succeeded in getting HelloWorld to work
> by using fnidl.py directly.  You are probably trying to do it the right way using
> fnidl.bat.  I copied fnidl.py to my examples directory and executed python
> fnidl.py HelloWorld.idl.  As to whether the right way will work, I have not
> gotten that far.  But I note that when *I* execute fnidl.bat, it asks me for a
> IDL.  If I do not supply one, I get your error message.  Is it asking you for an
> IDL?

Sorry again. The error message says: "Error: parse error on line 1 of
HelloWorld.idl" so it definitly parses the IDL file or at least got the
correct name passed in. I tried to use fnidl.bat and fnidl.py, both in
both directories. Nothing seems to make any difference.

But... look at the following, please:

[f:\devel\fnorb-1.0\fnorb\examples\hello-world]python fnidl.py test.idl
test.idl
fatal error C1083: Quelle-Datei kann nicht geoeffnet werden: 'test.idl':
No such
file or directory
Error: parse error on line 1 of test.idl

I passed in the name of an IDL file which does not exist!

It must be some really stupid mistake I am making... but what can it be
????
Thanks again for your help, Monika Göhmann.