tinyPython

Kaweh Kazemi kaweh at frodo.sil.at
Sat May 1 17:08:13 EDT 1999

Python is a great scripting language, which is easily extended. now i
would like to be able to embed it into my projects (C++ applications).
i know about the documentation and about the 'embed' demo (and also
about CXX, which is great for extending Python, when you are using
C++).

has anybody experience with creating 'the smallest, possible working
Python interpreter', with only the essential files included? not
including any special modules your applications would need.

the problem is, that Python is getting bigger and bigger (which is ok
with me), but i just need the core language for my special purpose.

would you share your experiences with me?

kaweh

btw: i am using NT and VisualC++ 6.0, so i can't use the standard
'config/makefile' way of rebuilding python, but the provided PC
special mechanism (which works really fine, btw).