Python T-shirt

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Mon May 3 16:07:17 EDT 1999

Hi All--

Martijn Faassen wrote:

[snip]

> > Rubbish. We don't even *have* a mascot.
>
> We need a mascot! I thought it was a python? Though it seems to have
> gotten some competition from a rat. Of course, our python python mascot
> isn't very easily distinguishable from other pictures of pythons and
> snakes; while Tux, the Linux penguin is easily noticed amongst its kin.
>
> > (Or, would you want a picture of Tim Peters on your shirt? ;-)
>
> Is he thin and legless? Does he strangle his prey? I thought he was a
> robot, anyway. :)
>
> A-robotic-python-now-that's-something-ly yours,
>
> Martijn

Naturally, this is a self-serving advertisement. ... But, what about the
double-headed sky serpent I use on my Mayan web pages?  It's not a
python, of course, but it *is* a symbol for the Milky Way.  Snake and
sky are the same word in many Mayan languages.

See
	http://www.pauahtun.org/4nobletruthsofpython.html
and it's right at the top of the page.  If you haven't seen this page
before, you might, in Guido's words, ``get a chuckle.''

<o'reilly-proved-that-pythons-live-in-south-america>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70