Newbie:Considering using Python. Arrays?, Pointers?

Tom tom22 at verio.com
Fri May 21 10:09:12 EDT 1999

Hi,

I am considering using Python for some programming tasks as opposed to
C, C++ etc, which I have used in the past. I bought the book,
"Programming Python" and I was attempting to find out what kind of
"structure/function" Python uses in terms of indexing data arrays which
is equivalent to "C" pointers. I did not read the book thoroughly but I
did not come up with anything. So, what does Python use for indexing
arrays?

Also, Since Python is an interperted language, as is , say, Java, then
what would be the advantage of using Python instead of Java?

Thanks
Tom
tom at antarestech.com