Time value standard for extension modules?

Jim Meier fatjim at home.com
Tue May 25 16:28:07 EDT 1999

I'm cleaning up the event interface in my recently released GGIwrapper,
and am considering how the event timestamp should be returned. The value
is stored as a standard struct timeval.

I would like for this value to be easily compatible with other time
values in python, but can't seem to find much documentation on what is
normally used. (maybe I'm not looking in the right places(the library
docs)?)

Should it be an integer value in microseconds, a floating point value in
seconds, a structure with separate attributes for seconds and
microseconds, or something else?

TIA for any suggestions/pointers/definitive answers :)

You know it's time to rethink your design when you can't debug your
#defines.
-Jim.